My Love. Crazy.

I prefer your kind of crazy
to the sanity the world tries to sell.
I prefer the sound of your tongue
whispering blessings in my sacred grove
instead of droned heartless hymns.

I have no fear of the world
through the looking-glass
as long as you are on the side
I enter into. You

have filled my head with wonders
since the day you stole
into my tower built of doubts.
You told me my hair was magic
and I believed. You

enchant and enflame me,
until I have no choice but to submit
to the mysteries you have initiated me into.
I lay as novice, but rise as priestess,
adept at the skills you have taught me. I

cannot live without your madness -
my armor against the madder reality
I must inhabit.  I must play at sterile sanity
while the eyes of the world are on me,

but when they turn away,
and the stars are the only witnesses
then I will let you kiss me, madly.
And I will kiss back.  



This poem was inspired by a prompt given over at Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads: Play It Again Toads where we got to pick an older prompt to work with. I chose the Sunday Mini Challenge based on the poetry of Carilda Olivar Labra, specifically her poem, I go crazy, my love, I go crazy. I've also linked this poem up to Poet's United: Poetry Pantry #369.

38 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that last stanza - oh, the passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. i am in love...as are you i take it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last stanza. So full of passion and joy. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful ... don't let anyone carry your heart in their pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going overboard is certainly a danger in any affair of the heart

      Delete
  5. What a wondrous enchantment

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lay as novice, but rise as priestess... great line!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I love, "I lay as novice but rise as priestess." I remember when someone made me feel that way. How glorious this poem is..........how fortunate to be so in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was delighted when I thought of the line :)

      Delete
  8. I want to grab this poem by the waist, run outside, and dance it to the worlds, while screaming, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

    There is not one bit of this piece I don't love.

    And the line breaks, the line breaks are purely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tinkered with them to get those breaks to make sense. I am pretty pleased with the result.

      Delete
  9. Loved the close on this - it holds so much in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this poem builds, from a sweet sort of sadness with determination, to such passion and "YES" like I want to end with a fist-pump! Also love the structure of how stanzas 2 & 3 end with "you" and 4 & 5 with "I" and "me" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the details I put in! Yep - you got it exactly. *happy dance*

      Delete
  11. Those two opening lines are a cracker! And the last an amazing affirmation.
    Marvellous poem, Rommy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of it is just brilliant! We should look at everyone and believe that same sort of passion is bubbling just beneath in them when no one is looking. Maybe then, we would see that we are more alike than different. Lusty and beautifully written, Rommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a lovely way to see the world Sharon :)

      Delete
  13. Love the falling into madness... such a strong imagery of passion. You know your ways and you did the poetry of Carilda Labra an honor by using that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How I love this poem! The freedom (and madness) we find when we find the perfect lover/mate/friend. You capture the passion so, so well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My goodness Rommy, this is wonderfully fiery and passionate!💘 Worth a countless reads!💘

    ReplyDelete
  16. "I must play at sterile sanity while the eyes of the world are on me," I'm feeling that at the moment. It is when I'm alone the sanity gets tainted. Great write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine many creative people are familiar with that feeling

      Delete