Beyond the Boundaries

“Get back here!” she said.

Danny looked from his teacher, gripping the boundary rope around what she thought was a simple park exhibit, to the security guard briskly advancing towards him. It didn’t matter. He had made it to the communication cog first.


Danny stroked the spot he knew would activate it. “This is D’ynveh 5. I survived the Rylor expedition but am stranded. Send help!” His words were cut off by the guard pulling him away, but he saw the fine lines of energy light up on the cog’s surface, sending a beacon towards his home world. Danny smiled.


Photograph by Jennifer Pendergrass

This bit of Flash Fiction was inspired by the picture prompt given at Friday Fictioners

28 comments:

  1. Dear Rommy,

    It sounds like he's on his way home. Imaginative story.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rommy... Very imaginative! Good for him for making it in time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ET phone home... Sorry, my first thought ;) Nice story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to make it a large communication device. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a bit to come up with that idea.

      Delete
  5. "Danny go home!" Yes, I actually yelled those words when I finished reading. You packed so much tension in these few sentences, my heart actually raced for Danny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...leaving it to the boundaries of our imagination...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful writing. I hope he makes it home eventually 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I'm trying very hard not to get sucked into these writing prompts. I'm trying very hard not to do this. I'm trying... very... what was I saying? Another wonderful post. *mutters* Write the book... =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will hep arrive in time?? Stay tuned for further details. :) Good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was unintentional, but it did end up having a feel of an old school serial.

      Delete