Silver Suits Me Best

Silver suits me best,
the kind found in starlight and moon glow.

Night’s indigo makes a fine gown,
and the chill is perfect
to bring color to my lips and cheeks.

It might be easier
to don borrowed feathers,
on a night when people try
to put a false self in the spotlight.

I shall be me,
swaying to a dusky waltz.
No mask needed. 

Song Choice: How Soon Is Now by The Smiths


I just wanted an excuse to use this image I created again

This poem was inspired by a prompt given over at Imaginary Gardens With Real Toads, Word Count With Mama Zen, where she asks us to contemplate our Halloween Costumes.

20 comments:

  1. A Goddess dancing sky clad in a clearing, safe from prying eyes. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an idyllic way to spend an evening if you ask me ;)

      Delete
  2. Some wait all year to come into their own on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes... no mask required with stars in your eyes.. hope you find yourself a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Halloween costume, no one will believe its you

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, how novel - to be one's self! I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dance on sweet dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dancing is a wonderful way to pass the time.

      Delete
  7. Flesh and bones and hair and such are always best. No wonder we get along so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always room for one more at the moonlight dances

      Delete
  8. Oh my, the true you. Come out. But just for the season, Halloween? I liked it Rommy.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, at Halloween, and Christmas, and New Year's, and Arbor Day, and Talk Like a Pirate Day too. :D

      Delete