Louder

I like it
when an electric purr becomes a roar,
when shameless wails moan
in time with insistent rhythms.

I am not that complicated.
I just need
every note stroking the emotions
waiting to rise to my surface.


Song Choice: Do You Wanna Taste It by Wig Wam a.k.a. The Peacemaker Theme Song. Oh who am I kidding? The whole playlist is gold. It's been my aural happy place for the last couple of weeks.

Liner Notes for this Groove: This poem was created for Poets and Storytellers United's Friday Writings Prompt, Moments of Joy. Rosemary asked us to write about things that bring joy, no matter how small. I've always loved the big sound of 80's (and 80's inspired) glam metal. The soundtrack to the TV show Peacemaker is nothing but big, loud rock. The show has also made me smile and laugh, even though it had its sad points too.

16 comments:

  1. Which kind of rock 'n roll is REALLY about, hmmmm? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reflecting recently on how much I need the right music in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The right rhythm at the right moment makes such a big difference!

      Delete
  3. Your poem evokes such yumminess, it gave me shivers of delight! I like your music too. I was 15 when Bill Haley and the Comets first hit the scene, closely followed by Elvis (always the King!) – so of course I love and adore all rock. And then, you know, I'm an Aussie (home of AC/DC among others) so I have a special fondness for heavy metal. And who doesn't admire David Bowie and other glam artists? Altogether, no way I wouldn't love this choice of music and agree wholeheartedly with every word of your poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the artists you mentioned. Definitely have a soft spot in my heart for ACDC. Thunderstruck is one of my favorite songs.

      Delete
  4. You know, one of my biggest joys used to be cleaning my house with 80s music blasting (and me singing to it). I haven't done that in a while. I think that I will reread your poem tomorrow, then blast some music while I do some Vernal Equinox cleaning.

    Thank you for the nudge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it is rare that I inspire someone other than my children to tidy up.

      Delete
  5. I love the vibe in your poem … energetic and a tad sensual.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel this. I have exploded in that roar many times and felt it through my soul. But that was then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been ages since I've been to a live rock show. And it'll likely be a bit before I go to one again.

      Delete
  7. Yes louder, please! Love both your poem and the Peacemaker Theme Song. That video made me smile, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cheerfully goofy! I am trying to learn how to do that dance in time for my birthday. :D

      Delete
  8. The right song allows one to carry much more than the tune in their heart.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found this so relatable. Love that first stanza! I feel this one!

    ReplyDelete