Grail Quest

I have made a vow
to be a knight, brave and true.
And now all my vows
compel me towards the grail.

I know there is no true healing
for some of the wounds I have taken.
There are things beyond
even the grail’s power.

But that was never the point.

The pain will not end
when I reach the grail.
But at least then I know
a new quest can begin.

I am a knight, brave and true,
seeking both my reflection
in the water of the grail

and remembrance
of all the adventures 
still left to find.




Liner Notes for this Groove: This poem is linked to Poets and Storytellers United's Friday Writings Prompt, Small Victories.

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think this is my favorite cover of it ever

      Delete
  2. Accepting that the pain is not going to end but life can go on at a different level is one of the bravest things to do. Worthy of a knight! This resonates deeply... I feel what I am writing now is that grail you speak of. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is exactly the feel I was hoping to get across.

      Delete
  3. Just listening to the passion in the magnificent song and reading your words are strength inducing. Optimism is an armor, too, of sorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! I could have listened to her sing all day. Chills all over. Your poetry matched the grandeur!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose not too many knights were walking around with no pain.
    Even the outfit fitting can cause pain, like does an ill-fitting shoe.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, to go forward can indeed be a victory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adventure we could all do with joining XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am uplifted by this, Rommy! (Sara McNulty)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete