Writing, Writing and A Bit of Reading

I enjoyed spending time with my family over the holidays, but since the kids went back to school I've been hard at work writing. Though I'm obviously doing plenty of poetry writing, I haven't neglected working on my short stories. The plan to release an anthology is still very much a go and I'm hoping to have a finished product by spring.

It also occurs to me it's been a bit since I recorded myself reading one of my poems out loud. I always have a blast when I do, but this time I'd like to try something different. I'd like to ask my readers which one of my poems they'd be most interested in hearing me read out loud. I've narrowed it down to 5 contenders:

Run
My Parents' One Moment of Whimsy
Miyazaki Heroine 
Ukiyo-e
Faerie Song

So let me know which one you want read (and if you are feeling especially chatty, why you chose it) and I'll record it this weekend, Monday at the latest.

Song choice: Blue Jean by David Bowie (mostly for nostalgia's sake and partially for inspiration)

7 comments:

  1. This was such an impossible task! I love them all! But, I think I settled on 'My Parents One Moment of Whimsy'. It is about your name, and our names bring such an odd number of gifts and challenges with them. I thought it would be fun to hear you talk about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Sharon, "My Parents' One Moment of Whimsy" all the way. You know how much I love a poem that whispers, I'm Rommy Driks, tremble world! Because I will be me, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I agree! It's gotta be "My Parents' One Moment of Whimsy" PLEASE?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I vote for two? "Run" and "My Parents' One Moment of Whimsy." Both so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone too :D would love to hear you read "My Parents' One Moment of Whimsy." :D

    ReplyDelete